Overcoming Writing and Reading Slump

 


Assalamu'alaikum!

Hello. It's been soooo long since I wrote anything on this blog. It takes me... approximately a year. Phew.

Life's been good. It's just me problem. I was in serious writing and reading slump. I think I stopped writing anything since this March or April? Not sure. I actually worked as freelance writer for a few months before I stopped writing, then I resigned from the job because of personal matter, and I just lost any will to continue it.

I tried to overcome it by reading more. But at some point, reading tires me. I went from reading a full length novel to some short articles or short fictions. Then I don't really want to read anymore, not even captions on social medias. It was really bad. So bad because reading and writing have always been something I'm confident to do.

I don't know what's the reason behind it. It just stopped. My will, my passion. But here's the thing: I don't want to give that up. Because it's something I really love for so long. Something I'm confident I can do (since I'm really bad at anything else).

I'm currently fixing it. I picked up reading some novels (with my favorite genre) and even re-reading anything that I liked (I still do like some of them!). I recently read a metropop novel that I really like. I will post my review later, insya Allah.

As for writing, I'm still trying too. Fix it. I joined a webinar class about writing recently. It was conducted by Kelas Bersama and Tempo Institute. It was fun and insightful. I really like it. There are few other classes I need to attend, and I'm looking forward to it. :)

How about you? How do you overcome any slump?

Comments

Popular Posts